Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Easter Ham Maple Blackberry Orange Glazed Ham
Maple Blackberry Orange Glazed Ham - Try something different, pump up the flavor of your holiday ham with a delicious glaze offering great maple, blackberry and orange flavor. Perfect to serve at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or any special dinner! Make ham your centerpiece this year! Start with a fully cooked spiral cut ham; bake for an hour and brush on glaze twice 15 minutes apart. The glaze can be made days in advance! Just reheat when ready to use.
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
· 2 tablespoons seedless blackberry preserves
· 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
· 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
· 1 tablespoon orange zest
· 1 (8 to 9-1/2 pound) fully cooked bone-in spiral ham
For the Glaze:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a sauce pan, whisk together maple syrup, preserves, mustard, orange juice, and orange zest; cook over medium low heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until preserves melt, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat, and set aside.
For the Ham:
1. Place ham, cut side down, on an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan, and cover loosely with foil.
2. Bake for 1 hour.
3. Uncover and brush glaze over ham.
4. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 140 degrees.
5. Baste twice 15 minutes apart
6. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing,
7. Garnish with blackberries and orange slices.