This is a great recipe to make with kids because it is a child proof recipe. The tarts are very easy to make. You do not need an oven, can openers or sharp knives. All you need is some time, the right food and friends to share these yummy treats with you! The Peanut Shop of Williamsburg's Natural Smooth Peanut Butter and Graves Mountain Seedless Red Raspberry Preserves would get you started on this fun and delicious recipe a cooking adventure with yur kids.
Here are the things you need:
1 cup of smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 1/4 cup dry milk
Seedless Red Raspberry Preserves
Here is what you do:
1. Put peanut butter in the bowl.
2. Pour in the honey and mix with a spoon.
3. Add the dry milk.
4. Mix everything together with your hands.
Squeeze it! Pound it! Roll it around!
5. Keep mixing with your hands until you have a soft, smooth ball of dough.
6. Break off a small piece of the dough. Roll it into a ball about the size of a big marble.
7. Press the ball down to make a round cookie. Then make the cookie into a heart shape. You will be able to make about 30 tarts.
8. Put a dab of preserves in the middle of each heart. Now it is a tart!
9. Put the tarts on a plate. Keep them in the refrigerator for one hour or more.
Cooking is like magic. You take a little of this and a little of that. And before you know it - PRESTO!- you have something wonderful to eat.