Father’s Day Sandwich
This Father’s Day ignite Dad’s taste buds with a delicious twist on a
traditional grilled cheese or is it a twist on a peanut butter and jelly
sandwich. In any case, this pairing comes together to form a bold, craveable
gooey grilled cheese sandwich. Here is a recipe from The Food Channel for a
PB&J Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Bacon:
- 2 slices French loaf or sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon blackberry preserves
- 3 strips bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 slices sharp white Cheddar
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread peanut butter and blackberry preserve on bottom slice of bread.
- Top with bacon and cheese slices.
- Close with top slice of bread and press closed.
- Grill over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese is melted.
Foodie Byte: Use a bold flavored cheese with good melting abilities, such as sharp white cheddar cheese, to stand up to all the other flavors in this gooey-rich grilled cheese.
Most of the main ingredients can be found on www.Thevirginiamarketplace.com.
Seedless Blackberry Preserves, Natural Peanut Butter and Sliced Bacon.